- Several sailings daily to Inishbofin from Cleggan
- Only all year round ferry service to Inishbofin
- Owned and operated by traditional Island seafaring family
No visit to Connemara is complete without a visit to Inishbofin Island, one of the most westerly Islands off the Irish coastline.
The unique Island of Inishbofin is located only 10 kilometers off the north Connemara coast, and is only a 30 minute crossing from the idyllic fishing village of Cleggan, just minutes drive from Clifden. The Ferry Service is aboard the fast, Comfortable ferry “The Island Discovery”. Located only ninety minutes west of Galway city Cleggan is the point of departure for the Ferry service to the island. The Island Itself, is a haven of beauty, boasting magnificent scenery from cliff top walks to the sea on all sides to white sandy beaches and an abundance of rare flora and fauna.
Inishbofin Houses Heritage and History Sites Including:
- The 17th star shaped defence, Cromwell’s Barracks
- St. Colemans Abbey
- The Blowhole
- Sea Stacks
- The Bird Sanctuary
Activities to be pursued on Inishbofin include:
- Exploring the Island by Foot or Bicycle
- Water Based pursuits such as Swimming and Diving
- Deep Sea and shore angling
- The Island houses seal colonies, and many species of rare birds and wild life
- The evening entertainment on Inishbofin Includes traditional music in the local pub and hotels
- Picturesque lakes and bogs offer a unique inspiration for artists and photographers
Weddings on Inishbofin are becoming increasingly popular. If you are planning your wedding on the Island please contact us at you earliest convenience to book places for your guests.
We will be happy to go through the times, dates, extra sailings and all other information you will require. i.e. bands and equipment, flowers cakes etc. can all be transported on the ferry.
Please call: Nikola on +353 95 45819 or +353 86 1718829